Hello, friends. I’m here with your fresh copy of the Alpharetta-Milton Daily, filled with all the things you need to know about what’s going on in town.
📣 Our readers love to celebrate good news! You can now shout out your big announcement at the top of the Alpharetta-Milton Daily newsletter. Whether it’s a grand opening, new product for sale, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding or new baby, let everyone celebrate alongside you! Submit your announcement here.
Now, today’s weather:
Humid; an afternoon t-storm. High: 88 Low: 72.
Here are the top five stories in Alpharetta-Milton today:
- Yesterday, Aug. 5, there was a fatal vehicle crash on I-75 South before Central Ave/CW Grant SB in Fulton County. The Georgia Department of Transportation confirmed one fatality, but no other details were released as of 7:00 pm on Aug. 5. The Georgia State Patrol is investigating the crash. (CBS 46)
- Although the Alpharetta Planning Commission recommended approval of the North Point Mall redevelopment project on Aug. 4, the board wants more residential units reserved for homebuyers. The developer, Trademark Property Co., originally planned for 900 rentable units and 36 for-sale townhomes. But Alpharetta officials want 650 rentable units and 286 for homebuyers, due to concerns of “transient” apartment dwellers. More units for homebuyers might not be economically viable to the developer, which puts the plan’s future in jeopardy. (Biz Journals)
- The Alpharetta City Council recently approved a $320,000 contract with SHI International to renew Microsoft Azure cloud services. The cloud services are a “critical part of the city’s hybrid data center infrastructure” and promises security services as well. (The Atlanta Journal Constitution)
- The Alpharetta Department of Public Safety announced that speed cameras will be monitoring the roads at school zones. From 6:55 am to 7:55 am and 2:05 pm to 3:05 pm at eprimary schoolsfrom 8:10 am to 9:10 am and 3:50 pm to 4:50 pm at middle schoolsand from 7:35 am to 8:35 am and 3:15 pm to 4:15 pm at high schools. (Alpharetta DPS)
- According to the Restaurant Report Card, City Eats Kitchen on South Main Street in Alpharetta received a 100 on its health inspection. City Eats Kitchen won this week’s
Golden Spatula Award. Fulton County’s Checkers on Cleveland Avenue earned 82 points on its re-inspection, after failing a week ago. (CBS 46)
Today in Alpharetta-Milton:
- One Night One Show One Cause! At (6:30 PM)
- Alpharetta Farmers Market At Town Green by Alpharetta City Hall (8:30 AM)
- Colors Of India Exhibit At Alpharetta Arts Center (9:00 AM)
- Dino Safari…A Walk Thru Adventure At North Point Mall (11:00 AM)
- 70th Annual Old Soldiers Day Event At Alpharetta (11:00 AM)
- Say Goodbye to Summer At Avalon (1:00 PM)
- Family Day At Painting with a Twist (3:00 PM)
- Fermented Wine Boutique: Back to School Wine Tasting At Fermented (4:00 PM)
- Gallery Reception: Colors of India At Alpharetta Arts Center (5:00 PM)
- 2022 Sowing Seeds of Hope Concert At Matildas Music Under the Pines (5:30 PM)
- Food Heaven: Indulgent Eats At Publix Aprons Cooking School(6:00 PM)
- Home By Dark Concert Series At Union Hill Park (7:30 PM)
- Justin – 70’s, 80’s, 90’s & More At Roaring Social (8:00 PM)
- Movie On The Green: Secret Life Of Pets 2 At Crabapple Market (8:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Milton Police Department and City of Milton Fire Department spent multiple days training for the worst-case scenario of a school shooterin order to be fully prepared in order to be fully prepared and ready should it ever happen in Milton or surrounding schools. (Facebook)
- Don’t miss the latest gallery exhibit at the Alpharetta Arts Center, “Colors of India,” on display now through Sep. 23! The exhibit showcases India’s history, culture, and traditions. (Facebook)
- Ed Isakson/Alpharetta YMCA is hiring! Join the open interviews on Tuesday, Aug. 16, for all our open part-time positions! Don’t forget to bring a copy of your resume and dress for success. (Instagram)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- ‘Hot Summer Nights’ Art Show is Open – Cumming Arts Center (August 5)
- Big Psychic Fair (August 6)
- Book signing and pet adoption (August 6)
- One Night One Show One Cause! (August 6)
- SMOKIN’ NOVAS with RARE BIRDS at from the Earth’s Back Porch Concert Series! (August 6)
- Atlanta Wedding Extravaganza (August 7)
- Taxes in Retirement Seminar (August 8)
- Row For A Day! (August 20)
- JOIN Pickleball Leagues – Fall Registration (August 31)
- Add your event
Gigs & services:
You’re all caught up for today! I’ll catch up with you bright and early tomorrow with a new update.
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and marketing director for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.