Welcome back, Alpharetta and Milton. I’m here in your inbox this morning to tell you everything you need to know about what’s going on around town. Hope you all have a great day!
First, today’s weather:
A thunderstorm around the pm High: 91 Low: 73.
Here are the top five stories today in Alpharetta-Milton:
- The Alpharetta City Council approved plans for the “Alpha-Link” multi-purpose trail, a trail connecting the Big Creek Greenway with the Alpha Loop. The 1.2-mile, 12-foot wide, lighted path will connect the two trail systems off Haynes Bridge Road and Encore Parkway. (Appen Media)
- John J. “Jake” Powers, 55, has plead guilty to one count of larceny for taking $8,500 from Russ Anderton of Alpharetta in 2014. Powers was ordered to serve three months of probation and to pay $50,000 in restitution for his “Band of Brothers Tours,” where he charged people for tours of World War II historic sites in Europe that were never organized. (Telegram)
- An Alpharetta resident reportedly went to the Alpharetta US Post Office Annex and asked the mail clerk why the two outdoor drive-by mailboxes were taped shut. According to the resident, the mail clerk said that one of the boxes had been vandalized again and the boxes might be permanently removed due to this problem. (Appen Media)
- Milton Police Department is looking for two white males depicted in a video posted on MPD’s Facebook. On Jul. 23 at approximately 3:10 am, the two suspects allegedly kicked and severely damaged the front door of a residence on Itaska Walk in the Crabapple area. Please contact Detective C. Sproles at [email protected] if you recognize the men in this video. (Facebook)
- On Jul. 28, Atlanta-based Grubbly Farms donated 800 bags of “Vroomies” to the Atlanta Human Society in Alpharetta. The Vroomies, dog snacks made with vegetables and dried black solider fly grubs, will help shelters stock up on snacks and other essentials. (CBS 46 News)
Today in Alpharetta-Milton:
- Avalon Nights Live At (6:00 PM)
- Levi Ransom Live At The Painted Horse Winery and Vineyards (6:00 PM)
- Lynnay Della Luce Live At Fairway Social (7:00 PM)
- Jungle Fridays At CRU Lounge Alpharetta (7:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Meet Sith, a small male Papillon dog, looking for his forever home in your area! View the link to see Sith and many more adoptable pets in the Alpharetta-Milton area! (Alpharetta-Milton Patch)
- K9 Raider, a trained narcotics detection dog, helps her “dad,” Alpharetta PD officer Phil Ritchey, in the city every day. Raider also has a workplace romance with Mattis, another K9. Popular videos and social media posts follow Raider while at work. (The Herald-News)
- The City of Milton reminds residents to recycle their fishing line in the receptacle on the pier of Lake Providence near Providence Park. The Georgia Department of Natural Resources (DNR) had to locate and help a duck on the lake with a hook stuck in its beak. (Instagram)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Inspire Women Expo-2022 (July 30)
- Steven Quartly Annual Summertime Artist Show (July 30)
- The Secret Sounds of Summer (July 30)
- Corporate Therapy Rocks Lucky’s in Roswell! (July 30)
- Salsa ATL’s Dinner & Latin Night @ Tonys Johns Creek July 30th (July 30)
- A Festival of Music (July 31)
- Breast Ultrasound Screening Coming Direct to You! (August 2)
- Taxes in Retirement Seminar (August 8)
- Add your event
Alrighty, you’re all good for today! I’ll catch up with you bright and early tomorrow morning with another update.
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and marketing director for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.