The biography, life, and accomplishments of Jonathan Tsui
Jonathan Tsui is an American International Natural Bodybuilding Association (INBA)/Professional Natural Bodybuilding Association (PNBA) Pro Men’s Physique Open and Masters athlete born on November 11, 1980. Tsui is a PNBA Hall of Fame Inductee and a PNBA Pro Men’s Physique Natural Olympia champion.
Below is a complete breakdown of Jon Tsui’s profile, stats, biography, training, and diet regimen.
|Full Name: Jonathan Tsui|
|Weight||Height||Date Of Birth|
|Men’s Physique – Open, Masters||2010||American|
Jonathan Tsui’s Biography
On November 11, 1980, Jonathan Tsui was born in Connecticut. Jonathan Tsui played many sports growing up, including gymnastics, swimming, and track and field, and he started lifting weights as a sophomore in high school.
Jon Tsui served in the US Navy for six years. Tsui set out to never be fat/lazy after serving in the military. His friend showed him the ropes of training and nutrition and connected him to a guy that measured body fat. While getting his body fat tested, he was asked if he had ever considered bodybuilding. At the time, bodybuilding had never crossed Tsui’s mind.
Although, that conversation did plant a seed in Tsui’s head. He then found himself at a local NPC show. Next, he Googled natural bodybuilding and discovered the INBA PNBA. Coincidentally, they had a local show coming up in a few weeks. Tsui prepared well and continued to compete after that.
In his first year of natural bodybuilding (2013), he was an amateur and won one show in the Men’s Bodybuilding Open category. The following year, he got sick, which shifted his focus to the Men’s Physique class upon recovering. And it was the Men’s Physique class Tsui dominated. In his first show, he earned his pro card and won his pro debut at Team USA. Since then, his career has flourished.
- 2021 PNBA Ironman Magazine Pro Men’s Physique – 1st
- 2020 PNBA Natural Olympia Men’s Pro Physique – 1st
- 2020 PNBA Mr. Team USA Pro Men’s Physique – 1st
- 2020 PNBA Mr. Muscle Beach Pro Men’s Physique – 1st
- 2019 PNBA Mr. Muscle Beach Pro Men’s Physique – 1st
- 2018 PNBA Mr. Team USA Pro Men’s Physique – 1st
- 2018 PNBA Mr. World Pro Men’s Physique –1st
- 2018 PNBA Mr. Natural Universe Pro Men’s Physique – 1st
- 2018 PNBA Mr. International Battle Against Cancer Pro Men’s Physique – 1st
- 2017 PNBA Mr. World Pro Men’s Physique – 1st
- 2017 PNBA Mr. International Battle Against Cancer Pro Men’s Physique – 1st
- 2016 PNBA Mr. World Pro Men’s Physique – 1st
- 2015 PNBA Mr. Night of the Natural Champions Pro Men’s Physique – 1st
- 2015 PNBA Mr. Team USA Pro Men’s Physique – 1st
- 2014 PNBA Mr. Team USA Pro Men’s Physique – 1st
Jonathan Tsui’s Training
Jon Tsui typically does a 5-day split workout routine. Although, this season, he’s been incorporating CrossFit. Admittedly, he’s just doing it to give him time to workout with his girlfriend – he’s not trying to break any personal records. But he’s curious to see what it will do to his physique.
Below is what a 5-day split routine looks like for Tsui.
Monday – Chest
Tuesday – Biceps and Triceps
- EZ Bar Curl: 5 sets x 10 reps
- Smith Machine/Squat Rack Drag Curl: 5 sets x 10 reps
- Wide Grip Barbell Curl: 5 sets x 10 reps
- Machine Curl: 5 sets x 10 reps
- Hammer Curl, 3-5 sets x 10 reps
- Cable Rope Tricep Extension Standing/Bent-Over: 5 sets x 10 reps
- Rever Grip Extension With “W” Bar: 5 sets x 10 reps
Wednesday – Back
- Bent-Over Row, 5 sets x 10 reps
- Rack Pull: 5 sets x 10 reps
- Close Grip Row/Landmine Row: 5 sets x 10 reps
- Lat Pulldown Standard Width/Close Grip: 5 sets x 10 reps
- Isolateral Pulldown Plate Loaded/Cable: 5 sets x 10 reps
Thursday – Shoulders
- Overhead/Military Barbell Press, 5 sets x 10 reps
- Neutral Grip Overhead Press: 3 sets x 20 reps
- Upright Row, 5 sets x 10 reps
- Barbell Front Raise: 4 sets x 10 reps
- Reverse Grip EZ Curl Bar/Dumbbell Front Raise, 4 sets x 10 reps
- Lateral Raise: 6 sets x 10 reps
Friday – Legs
- Back/Belt Squat: 6-8 sets x 3-10 reps, drop set
- Hack SquatLeg Press, 5 sets x 10 reps
- Hack Squat/Leg Press Narrow Stance: sets of 10 reps – unload one plate each set, 20 reps last set with plates left on the sled
- Lunge/Jefferson Deadlift: 5 sets x 10 reps
- Seated Leg Curl, 5 sets x 10 reps
- Leg Extension, 5 sets x 10 reps
- Lying Leg Curl, 5 sets x 10 reps
Saturday – Surfing/Outdoor activity
When it comes to Jonathan Tsui’s favorite exercises, he stated:
“Can’t ever go wrong with bench, hahaha…even though they’re not always a part of my normal routine: Arnold presses, Jefferson deadlifts, hyperextensions.”
Jonathan Tsui’s Nutrition
In regards to nutrition, Jonathan Tsui said:
“Off-season, I definitely don’t count calories or measure out my foods…I actually have a tendency of not eating enough…but I will enjoy my holidays and social events…certainly more fat, carb, and alcohol calories.
In-season, I simplify everything down to two basic meals that I alternate through the day, while also carb cycling. It basically looks like a shake for meals 1, 3, 5 (breakfast, post-job/pre-workout, and before bed). Meals 2, 4 are real food, whole grain + lean protein meals.”
Below are the supplements Jonathan Tsui regularly takes.
- Gains in Bulk (GIB) 100/CutCake
- Bang Energy
Jonathan Tsui loves his day job and uses his military experience to support active-duty troops. Besides his passion for the gym, he spends quality time with his girlfriend, watches movies/TV shows, and has two cats. Tsui likes surfing, scuba diving, fishing, photography, firearms, and wood/metal fabrication. In addition, he’s active in a few veteran non-profits – Force Blue and One More Wave.